Saturday, August 21, 2010

Adding Fuel to the Fire.

Why must people add fuel to the fire in some situations? I wish I knew. Getting mad over something that's out of your control is no point in wasting good energy over, but getting upset when people BS with you that's something different. I don't care for liars, I don't like being lied to. I think it's disrespectful in some ways and why lie in the first place? I was brought up thinking a mans a mans a man. And it's so true, yes you have those one in a million but deep down they're still a guy.

In life you live and learn, live in the moment learn from your mistakes. This week I saw someones true colors, and in the end everything made sense. A guy is willing to BS to anyone to cover up his tracks, to look like he's not a jackass and to seem like he really is something different and not like all others, when in the end they're far more worse. Like some say, there are millions of fish in the sea... many similarities and better looking. I see it as honesty is a better way to go, yes people may get hurt but the truth comes out eventually, why not the truth the first time? I would rather be told the truth than find out later it was all covered to save your own behind. I would actually respect a person a lot more for having the guts to tell the truth and how they're feeling rather than doing the complete opposite.

On to the next story... marriage. I know I've talked about not wanting to get married any time soon etc. etc. and someday I'd love to. Brent brought up us getting married again and  it has me thinking... can I really get married at my age now? Am I ready? Is this what I want? I go back and forth, realistically I'm not ready to get married at age twenty(soon to be twenty-one.) Realistically... I'm not ready to make that next step yet... and realistically, yes it is what I want. My advice for myself is to get married after experiencing life, so far I've been experiencing life with him and not being married has made it just as fun as if we were married. Age does but it doesn't matter in my book, if that makes any sense. And I do want to marry him someday, but what happens when I leave and he's smitten by someone else out of the blue? Or myself for that matter? What I've come to learn so far is life throws all sorts of things in your way, it's either going to be something worth catching or missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment