Sunday, August 8, 2010

Kudos to my Step Mom!

Most people hear the words "step mom" and think of Cinderella and her wicked step mother. Not me. I have the best step mom in the world. Lets take it back a few years now... Yes I do come from a family with divorced parents and there's nothing wrong with that.
I was 9 years old I believe when my dad started dating Trish. I remember meeting her and her having long curly strawberry blonde hair and being so friendly. She always did her best with my brother and me. It's not easy marrying someone who has children from a previous marriage, you have to give her props. She was awesome though, taking us swimming, always wanting to do stuff with us rather than throw us out of the picture like you see in movies. Nothing like that at all. She and my dad have been married for eleven years and still going strong. With two kids of their own, we have a wonderful family I must say. It's funny though, being a five year difference with them she knows how to keep my dad in check. *laughs*
My parents were young when they started a family, heck my mom was nineteen when she had me. My dad's matured and has grown up a lot since being with Trish. She's a strong person and I love her very much. It's cute, my dad built her her own salon in the back yard, so she works from home doing hair and spends time with the kids. Being her age not even fifty yet, she looks like she hasn't aged a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment