Saturday, March 13, 2010

Something So Small Can Go So Far.

I love helping people. Ever since high school, I've always been that person someone can just talk to and feel better afterwards. Someone who can vent, and I'll listen. Sometimes the best thing a person can do is just listen. It's another trait I picked up from my mom. Growing up, seeing the lives she's touched from her being such a great friend, and person in general. I know I wanted to follow her footsteps and I did. I think people are put in eachothers lives for a reason. To impact them in any way shape or form. Whether it's to put a smile on someones face, or making another laugh. Little things like that can make just the littlest difference.

Tonight, a good friend started talking to me. About what was going on in his life, how he was feeling about different obstacles he's recently faced. Hearing his thoughts, I just listened to what he had to say. I talked to him about everything that was going wrong in his life, and by the end of the conversation, he felt like a little bit of weight was lifted off his shoulders. Just doing something that small for someone is such a huge acheivement.

I am so blessed to be the person I am today, thanks to those who've impacted my life. Every little memory, every little laugh, every little cry made me who I am today and I'm still growing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment